- Heathfield provides accommodation, meals and 24-hour personal care for senior ladies, those who find it increasingly difficult to cope at homje without assistance. We offer a range of facilities designed to give you security, independence and the very best in residential care.
- Our person-centred approach means you will be respected as an individual and treated with dignity. When you arrive we will create a personal care plan tailoring our care based on your individual needs. In discussion with you and your family we will quickly understand your care needs and preferences to help you feel at home, and where you want to be. Whilst bedrooms are decorated and furnished to a high standard, you are welcome to bring in furnishings with which you are familiar.
- Caring for a loved one can be rewarding, but time off is essential. Short care breaks, also known as ‘respite’, allows carers the time to recharge their batteries while offering their loved ones the reassurance of 24-hour care.
- We provide round-the-clock care in a safe, comfortable environment, whether it’s just for a few days or longer. You may consider a short stay care if your carers are going away or where you’re planning a holiday and require care cover for your loved one while you’re away. It may be that you or your loved one has fallen ill and need additional support, or alternatively you may just be considering moving to a care home or your loved one is, and would like a trial visit.
- Heathfield aims to ease the symptoms of dementia with understanding and expertise. We focus on individual needs and support older people in achieving interesting and satisfying lives. Our dementia specialist care has been shown to improve well-being, following sound research and long-term experience and continues to develop to meet the changing needs of older people.
- Our person-centred care recognises each person as a unique individual and addresses their own spiritual, emotional and physical needs with both reassurance and support. We invite families to evenings if they wish, where we share some of the training support our care team receive to assist in making your family and friends’ visits fulfilling for all, at whatever stage the dementia has progressed.
Our day care is for those who enjoy social interaction and activity, appreciate wonderful food or just need to get out of the house. It may be that the usual care arrangements are unavailable during the day, or that a change of scene is appealing, even if just occasionally. Whether our daily programme of activities is of appeal, or just the opportunity to sit quietly in the sun lounge and read a book, our day care is available for full or half-days. We also appreciate that moving to a care home can be a very big decision. Our day care and respite care service offer a first step to trying our home and discovering whether this is the right home for you, or your loved one. The opportunity to experience the exceptional care and comfortable surroundings, which is all a part of the Heathfield experience, can be taken without longer-term obligation.